General Labor Jobs
We are looking for Assembly Technicians for a long term contract (with possibility of conversion to perm) in North Reading, MA. They have both 1st and 2nd shift available.
Candidate will be doing electro-mechanical assembly or various products including robotics. Familiarity with 5S and/or Lean Manufacturing - Sig Sigma is highly desirable. Other tasks could include assistance with inventory, inspection, shipping.
- Demonstrated proficiency using a variety of hand tools/basic power tools to assemble and repair mechanical assemblies
- Ability to build electronic boards or harnesses, SMT and thru hole soldering (a plus
- strength and endurance to assemble, install and test the components used in the vehicle, such as gears, motors, and frame which weigh up to fifty pounds as well as the ability to walk or stand for up to 8 hrs at a time
- Must be able to follow work instructions provided for each assembly job
We are currently seeking Material Handlers for a long term contract in North Reading, MA. They have both 1st and 2nd shift available. Keep production line stocked, safety conscious, inventory control experience in an ERP environment. Lean material flow practices, cycle counting and process improvement.
Overall Accountability: Responsible for providing support to the Manufacturing Operations Team in the general areas of Inventory Control and Administration.
- Evaluate and analyze data and processes supporting inventory and material control functions, recommend solutions to be problems identified
- May be involved in areas such as inventory levels and profiles, component and WIP inventory accuracy, MRP planning and control parameters, aggregate inventory planning, MRB, Field Service and RMA, new product phase-in/phase-out and ECO impact.
- May lead new project and process teams with inventory impact, may develop tools to improve analysis and modify existing ones
- Also responsible for the overall material handling and control functions involved in storage and issuance of material
- Maintain perpetual inventory balances, conduct cycle counts and participate in physical inventories
- Act as a liaison between production, purchasing, engineering, advanced manufacturing and other company groups concerning inventory issues as directed.
- Coordinate cycle counting on the floor delivering reports to the various production area and assisting in the resolution of cycle count problems
- Assist in cycle count analysis, root cause analysis and corrective action plans
- Perform data entry validation of ERP transactions and correct errors
Interested applicants please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
R & L Associates is woman-owned staffing company that has been recognized as one of the top staffing companies in the state. R & L continues to provide clients and candidates on the North Shore, Peabody, Beverly, Andover, and Lowell with the kind of personal, exceptional service that comes from 40 years of experience in the industry. New opportunities come in every day – check back often!